Saturday, May 22, 2010

August Rush

August Rush is perhaps one of my favorite movies. It is a story that resonates accross society in the many boys and girls that turn their circumstances around and become an inspiration to others. For me it makes me think of my own journey.
My journey has been far from the Hollywood rendition yet it has it's same moments of pain and triumph. (without the glittering lights) I remember growing up and believing in my heart of hearts that my biological parents were a king and queen who were desperately searching for their long lost son. I remember the lonely nights sitting in my dorm room thinking of my past and where I came from. I remember the nights of intense pain, wanting life to end, wondering who could ever love me. The hollywood ending never happened but something far more wonderful happened. I became true royalty, an adopted son when I met my true Father. He reminded me of how He had been there since the beginning. How He had guided my steps and carried through the storms of pain and abandonment. He reminded me of how He gave me a loving family with a wonderful mother and father. How He in my utter rebellion placed me on a path that I could find spiritual redemption and become the man I am today.
He also reminded me that even though everything wasn't perfect and that mistakes were made. Even though there was intense pain and loneliness He could still wash it all away. For me that was the symphony. For me that was the music that healed my soul and found me a restored human soul. For me that was worth more than a hollywood ending. I hope everyone has a spiritual August Rush.
I am still on that journey. Still trying to figure out what impact I can have on the world around me. Yet there is one thing I know for sure and that's no matter what, I have found my true Father, that has never and will never abandon me.

No comments:

Post a Comment